Reporting Business Analyst Tech Non IT
- Responsible for designing, developing, and deploying Business Analytics Dashboards and Reports using Microsoft BI technologies including SQL Server, Power BI, Excel, etc.
- Analyze data sources to integrate with existing datasets and relate a comprehensive BI story, and build compelling, interactive, and actionable reporting on top of structured data models that help in deriving meaningful business insights from large, complex datasets.
- Designing, developing, and deploying dashboards and reports using Power BI, SQL Server, Excel, and Cognos TM1
- Extracting and collating detailed data for commercial analysis deep dives and ad hoc requests from the finance team
- Ensuring the integrity of data for any data sources required in Power BI reporting that are not available via the Target Data Warehouse e.g. TM1 extracts
- Create optimal data models in Power BI
- Create data models that can be shared as templates with the finance team to enable the team to build their own Power BI reports
- Provide training to the finance team on creating basic Power BI reports and dashboards and where to access data
Desired qualification and work experience
- Degree in Computer Sciences – BCA, MCA or BE
- 4-5 years experience in a similar role (data modeling and report visualizations using Power BI)
- Experience working in a finance role/team preferred.
- Experience with data integration and building data models
- SQL Server/queries knowledge
- Advanced skills in Power BI data modeling and visualization
- Advanced Excel
- Cognos TM1 an advantage
Traits and abilities
- Exceptional skills in critical thinking, prioritization, staying organized, problem-solving
- Works with a sound sense of urgency
- Demonstrates business acumen to manage and meet customer and sponsor needs