Manager – Accounting- Target NON-IT
Manage the transactional and operational service delivery of Financial Accounting, Supplier Services and Procure to Pay, whilst leading and mentoring a newly formed Finance team. Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place. Stakeholder management with the onshore Finance team to seek opportunities to identify and implement process improvements where required.
- Manage the service delivery of Financial Accounting and Business Services transactional and operational activities
- Lead, mentor, and guide the team to support business strategy and values and to ensure all processes are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Project manage the transition of activities from onshore including recruitment and training.
- Approval of payment runs
- Releasing/Approval of invoices processed by the team
- Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place, documented, and operating as intended.
- Ensure financial transaction is performed consistently to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Build collaborative relationships with Finance team to develop and implement service models that promote efficiency, automation, and improvement that are compliant with statutory requirements.
- Support the onshore Finance team with Finance project tasks and delivery
Desired qualification and work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related disciplines preferable
- At least 5 years experience in leading a finance shared service team
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Procure to Pay business processes with the ability to optimize business functions through automation/process improvement opportunities.
- Excellent leadership and management skills with the ability to provide guidance to team members
- Knowledge of SAP Finance S4HANA, SAP Ariba an advantage
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships to participate in strategic initiatives and projects
- Ability to deliver results, meet deadlines/SLAs, ability prioritize and manage time effectively
Traits and abilities
- Exceptional skills in critical thinking, prioritization, staying organized, problem solving
- Works with a sound sense of urgency
- Demonstrates business acumen to manage and meet customer and sponsor needs