- This role work on Kmart’s hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs
- Undertake the technical ownership of the developed module.
- Hands-on development experience in node stack with proven expertise in core design ground up with sound algorithmic thought process enabling bullet-proof application performance in terms of key drivers like security, load, and scalability
- Aspire to continue to pursue a career in technical stream
- Can define the problems that need to be investigated – sets the agenda
- Considers problems and issues beyond the immediate horizon
- Proposes and implements solutions that are sustainable rather than ‘quick fix’
- Sees underlying concepts and patterns in complex situations
- Readily grasps the crux of an issue despite having ambiguous information
- Build appropriate rapport to establish constructive and trusting relationships
- Adapts style and expresses ideas with a strong orientation towards the particular audience and context
- Recognizes various stakeholder needs and shapes communication
- Can resolve disagreements or disputes by exploring the key issues in a balanced way
- Takes steps to understand reasons for the change in environment or tasks
- Responds immediately to changing situations by coming up with creative ideas and actions
- Operates well in situations when the consequences of decisions and actions are unclear
- Sets objectives and targets as part of planning
- Can organize multiple resources
- Can manage multiple priorities simultaneously without being overwhelmed
- Delegates to others as appropriate
Desired qualification and work experience
- Graduate degree or Post-graduate level education
- Into Software development – 3 to 6 years
- Agile Delivery – 1+ years
- Modern architectures – 2+ years (eg. Microservices, event streaming, single-page apps, containers, serverless, infrastructure as code)
- You can write high performant code! Have deep knowledge of Algorithms, Data structure, and Application architecture design for the cloud.
- The programming language is not super important. Being able to build a cross-functional team that can produce code in a number of different languages is important. Being able to select the right language for the right job is important hence your ability to be able to perform technical leadership duties irrespective of the programming languages in place. At this stage, our platforms will mainly contain nodeJS and small amounts of java fronted by modern REST APIs on the server-side complimented by single-page applications on the frontend.
- We are building a platform from scratch. As such you will be well versed in custom development in various open-source frameworks and be able to integrate with SaaS packages as well.
- You have significant experience with and prefer the following modern technologies and architectures:
- AWS is your preferred infrastructure provider and you have significant experience in the core AWS IaaS eco-system as well as other parts of their constantly evolving eco-system.
- You prefer to automate everything and are well versed with a number of infrastructure-as-code technologies.
- Significant experience with container-based architectures such as Docker.
- Highly proficient with at least one server-side technologies (preferably not . Net).
- Extensive experience with microservice-based architectures and technologies.
- Experience with event streaming-based architectures and technologies.
- RDBMS, NoSQL, and various in-memory cache technologies.
- Functional test automation frameworks.
Traits and abilities
- Exceptional skills in critical thinking, prioritization, staying organized, problem-solving
- Works with a sound sense of urgency
- Demonstrates business acumen to manage and meet customer and sponsor needs